Thursday, June 10, 2010

Where's my motivation?



I haven't really been cooking lately and I'm not sure what I've been eating instead. Last week I took a spontaneous trip home to Las Vegas in the middle of the week so the most cooking I did was pouring milk into a bowl of cereal.



Since coming back to beautiful San Diego, I've been trying to get my groove back to no avail. My gourmand extraordinaire mother-in-law tried to assure me that everyone who cook goes through ups and downs like this.



But I don't want to! Boo-hoo!



This week, I plan to get back on the horse - And call up the poor soldiers that were sent to the freezer during my slump.



In perusing the weekly circulars for Henry's Market and Stater Bros. here's what I'm planning on making with what's on sale:



Cabbage slaw  - Stater Bros. $.59 per head

Spinach Pie - Stater Bros. Fresh Express spinach $2.50 per bag (no washing and spinning necessary!)

Mediterranean green beans - Henry's Market $.98 per lb.

Quinoa salad - Henry's hot house cucumbers $.98 each, grape tomatoes $.98 each, broccoli $.98 per lb.

Watermelon salad  & Watermelon margaritas or martinis (haven't totally decided) - Stater Bros. $.19 per lb.

Banana cupcakes with peanut butter frosting and candied bacon ('cause it's my birthday!) - Stater Bros. Applewood smoked bacon $2.99 per lb.

Boozcicles (also in celebration of my birthday) - Henry's Market raspberries, blueberries, strawberries and blackberries two for $3



Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. I agree with your wonderful mother-in-law! Everyone loses their culinary oomph every now and then! There are times when the thought of preparing food makes me want get in the car and leave home!!!! But then I discover a new recipe, ingredient, whatever, and get over my lack of motivation :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, diana is a wise woman :) You'll get your groove back...you are a natural!

    ReplyDelete